We’ve recently published an article on “How to become a web developer“. But, we genuinely realized that most people don’t like to code but still want to make money with web development and they really like it to do so as well. So, we’ll discuss WordPress development in this blog.
If you are new to programming, WordPress can be a good option for you because it has an intuitive interface that doesn’t require deep knowledge of programming languages.
It is the largest and widely used CMS around the globe. This is the simple, fastest, and most reliable drag & drop website builder. We’ll be going through all the important topics to get you started in WordPress development.
What is WordPress?
WordPress is a blogging & website builder platform that was created in 2003. It has grown into one of the most popular blogging platforms in the world and also the most used website building platform.
It is a free and open-source content management system (CMS) based on PHP and MySQL. WordPress was primarily designed as a blogging tool but has evolved into a fully-fledged CMS that can be used to create almost any type of website or online application, with themes and plugins for all types of features.
How to start WordPress development?
I have a piece of good news for you! And that is, this doesn’t require any coding/programming language. So, you don’t have to worry about these all.
Now, You might be thinking about how to start using WordPress? So, you have to master important concepts in WordPress such as:
- Updates: WordPress updates are available for download on its website and fixed bugs are fixed regularly.
- Plugins: WordPress plugins allow additional functionality to be added to your website.
- Themes: WordPress themes customize the look and feel of your website.
- Security: WordPress security is strong due to regular updates, security plugins, and automatic updates from your hosting company.
- Site-Builder: Perhaps, it is a drag and drop, website builder. So, you’ve to master the concept of the site builder. It has a lot of customization & options. Some of the important site builders are: Elementor & thrive page builder.
Required things to get started
So, there are a lot of required resources that you’ve to know before getting into it. So, The very first thing you’ll need is domain & hosting.
- Domain: This is basically the name of your website. It’s the URL that users follow to get into your website. Such as: “google.com”, “facebook.com”.
- Hosting: In simple language, this is the place where your website files will be stored, and hosting will help you to make your website live 24*7 on the internet.
Then, simply install WordPress on your hosting and you’ll be good to go. Here we’re mentioning some of the best websites to buy domain and hosting.
Best sites for buying Domains:
- big rock
- Google domains
Best sites for buying hosting:
- A2 hosting
Now, That’s it. After these all, you can start WordPress development. You can learn it from the course we’re going to tell you or from youtube as well.
Best Courses for WordPress development
Here are some of the best courses that you can do to learn WordPress development for free. Here are our honorable mentions:
- How to create a website step by step – Udemy
- WordPress course by WPshout.com
- Create a WordPress Website for Your Web Design Business
Career as a WordPress Developer
WordPress is the most popular CMS in the world. It is used by 29.8% of all websites and powers many high-profile magazines, newspapers, and businesses. WordPress developers are tasked with creating, maintaining, and updating these websites. They also maintain back-end databases that store the content of each website.
Software engineers who specialize in WordPress development can find jobs at a variety of companies including media outlets, technology startups, and large corporations. A WordPress developer’s responsibilities depend on the company they work for but most will create themes or plugins for their company’s site or clients’ sites as well as maintain databases using MySQL or another database management system. Some developers may also be responsible for educating clients on how to use WordPress to manage their website content efficiently – this is often called “training.”
See, the carrier opportunity in WordPress development is vast. Just learn the skills and start making websites.
So, That’s all and I hope you’ve enjoyed it. At last, I want to say that the career opportunity in WordPress development is vast and it’s really a high-paying job! start learning today and invest in good hosting today!